It is commonly believed that face oils cannot be used on oily skin. Yet, the opposite is in fact true. Face oils can benefit in balancing skin care for all skin types. Many people believe that oily skin is affected by the use of face oils due to the following reasons:
- Oily skin already has all the natural oils it needs in order to remain healthy. Therefore the use of face oil might overdo the quantity of hydration on the skin and lead to greasiness.
- Using face oils might cause acne and other skin inflammatory diseases
- Oil-free products work better at keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated
How face oils can help your skin The use of face oils can work wonders at taking care of your skin in the following ways:
- Oily skin does tend to dry out in places. Face oils help replenish lost hydration and make your skin smooth and supple.
- Face oils often have protective antioxidants as part of their ingredients. This helps keep your skin young and lets its fight oxidative decay.
- A good brand of face oil will not leave your skin looking greasy; rather, it will give it a natural and healthy glow.
Tips for choosing the right face oilsThe success of a beauty product depends on choosing the right product for your skin. Here are some tips to consider when buying face oils. Consider the ingredients: Ingredients like borage oil, evening primrose oil, and jojoba oil penetrate the skin and help combat dryness apart from supplying the skin with necessary nutrients. Jojoba, in particular, replicates the skin’s natural sebum and helps balance oil production too. Make sure that your oil is not very heavy: An overdose of heavy face oils on an already oily skin can lead to pores getting clogged. This can cause a breakout of acne. In this regard, the application frequency does not count as much as the texture and ingredients of the oil. Therefore, it is always advisable to pick an oil that is light enough to get easily absorbed in the skin. Avoid fragrant oils: It is important to note that face oils are different from fragrant oils. These oils are also known as essential oils. Fragrant oils have many benefits, but are an absolute no-no for oily skin. They can, in fact, aggravate the skin and lead to breakouts. So, choose carefully or get help from a trained skin specialist if you have oily skin that is sensitive. A few extra tips on face oils
- The best way to use face oils is in moderation. Never over apply them to avoid clogging your pores.
- Maintain regular timings for applying face oils. This will help establish a good routine for skin care.
- Despite their name, face oils can be applied anywhere else on your body. They are mild and great for your skin.